We celebrated our first day of homeschool today!
I love having a reason to celebrate, forming traditions for our family and the first day of school is no exception. In anticipation of our first day, I sought out ideas that I thought would be easy to implement and would be fun for our family.
Our lead pastor's wife sent me a nice message of encouragement and at the end of her message she said "Get a pic of your kids in front of your house on the first day of school!" And so we did! My son was quite the ham for the camera.
After our first day pictures, we took a nature walk just around the block in our neighborhood. My daughter brought a pencil and her Primary Journal. We took in the sights and sounds that we observed while out. She drew pictures of crickets, birds, flowers, trees, a fire hydrant, a car, and the American flag. Our timing was perfect when we returned home as it started to rain.
Another tradition we started today included creating a time capsule.
I found this adorable Back to School Interview Printable at Giggles Galore that was perfect for our time capsule. It was great fun asking the kids to complete the sentences.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Giggles Galore www.gigglesgalore.net. Used with permission. |
Our day ended with Meet the Tutor Night at our Classical Conversations campus. I almost cried with excitement! We are so thrilled and incredibly thankful to God for the opportunity to be in CC and so thankful that He has already placed a family we know (that just moved back into the area) in our community.
My very extroverted daughter was surprisingly nervous tonight, but as we drove home and talked about how we needed to prepare a presentation for Monday, she suddenly became very excited as she considered all the interesting things she could share with her class.
I am ecstatic for our first year of homeschooling. Our first day brought me great joy as I witnessed my children's enthusiasm for making pancakes, exploring the outdoors, and new experiences.
Do you celebrate the first day of school? What traditions does your family have?


No comments:
Post a Comment