Life has been full.
We wrapped up our second week of school and all I can say is while this experience is deeply rewarding and I wouldn't exchange it for anything, I feel exhausted!
These last two weeks have been about establishing routine. This week things changed up a little with the introduction of a Classical Conversations (CC) community day and my son began attending the preschool my daughter attended. This coming week will be busy with our CC day and two days of preschool for my son and we will be going full speed ahead.
We've had some challenges. Namely, getting back into the groove after having a field trip day as well as my husband has had some days off. This, of course, is one of the reasons we felt led to homeschool so that we could spend time together as a family when my husband is off from work, but that also means our days are structured a little differently when he is home. I am thankful, however, that my husband has interest in what the children are learning so he can participate, too.
I am super excited and already in love with CC. I think the curriculum is beautiful and I am so thankful for the opportunity to be in a community with other homeschoolers and for my daughter to have some experience (beyond preschool) of being in a classroom environment while still homeschooling. Our tutor is fabulous, too!
There is so much to share, but it is getting late and this mama needs some rest!
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment