It's been awhile since I have written anything here. Life has been extremely full the last few months with Christmas in Las Vegas and dealing with recurring bouts of illness with three of the four members of our family in January.
It's now the end of February and we've been teased with some warmer weather only for winter to return the last few days. I am anxious for more consistent temperatures of the warmer variety.
Despite the cold, however, I managed to fulfill a promise to my daughter today. For several weeks now, I have promised we would go to the Joslyn Art Museum. We've been before; but with a three year old in tow, which makes it exceptionally difficult to appreciate what is available to see there. I promised Claire that while said three year old was at preschool we would go back. And today we did just that.
We only had one hour, but we made the most of it spending about 45 minutes in the main galleries and then we went to check out Art Works, which Claire was most excited about having been there before; but it was at capacity - full with other kiddos who came to learn about and enjoy art today, too!
We've been, specifically, learning a lot about the artists of the Renaissance at CC. While Claire may not yet fully appreciate the contributions of these artists, it has been great fun to learn about for both of us. I especially felt an enormous sense of accomplishment while reading Dan Brown's, Inferno (not an affiliate link). Accomplishment, excitement, and satisfaction because I knew the artists and works of art Dan Brown describes in Inferno all thanks to our classical education at CC and at home.
We also have learned quite a bit from this app called Daily Art. Today's featured piece is by Pierre-Auguste Renoir. Interestingly, today is Renoir's birthday and the Joslyn Art Museum features a work of his.
Is learning about art important to you? How do you incorporate art into your day?
No comments:
Post a Comment