Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Snow Day!

It's Monday and our first day of break from CC. I've been feeling a little sad about the break since we enjoy CC so much, but then when we woke to snow this morning, I was relieved that we did not have anywhere to be early this morning. While I think falling snow is quite beautiful, I am generally not a fan of the white stuff. I despise driving in snow and especially do not like what follows the snow when the temperature rises. Otherwise known as the "great meltdown."
Putting my personal feelings aside, though, my kids love snow. My three year old son was begging to go out first thing this morning preferring snow to breakfast.

On the advisement of a friend, I finally decided to break out all the snow gear and dress the kids for playing outside. My son was in complete heaven.

I figure today is a "snow day" for us or at least a long recess. 

I think my son is eating snow here. 

I have to keep reminding myself that that they are building relationship whey they play together and that play is learning, too. I want so much for them to be close.

We have completed 12 weeks of CC and 20 weeks of Sonlight. Claire is 44 lessons from being done with Kindergarten Math and I am already having to think about First Grade Math since she will be done before the school year is complete. So crazy to think about how fast the school year is going.

I told the kids they have 20 minutes more of play time outside and then they need to come in for lunch. We will probably work on clearing the driveway and sidewalks since it appears the snow has stopped for now. We will probably spend the afternoon finishing Stuart Little - we are two chapters from being done with the book and we need to return our books to the library. 

Seems like a perfect "snow day" to me.

2 comments: