Earlier this week at CC, we dissected crayfish. Of course, where I come from, we call them "crawfish." Nevertheless, my daughter has been correcting me telling me they are called crayfish.
The night before class, we watched a YouTube video on dissecting crayfish here.
Claire was pretty grossed out and then she was a little dramatic, insisting she did not want to dissect a crayfish. I, of course, was excited about this fantastic learning opportunity!
Monday morning arrived and it was time to do our science in our CC classroom. I am very proud of my daughter because despite the protests the night before, she was very brave and participated in dissecting the crayfish and thankfully, she did not nor did anyone else, get sick.
In the picture below, another mom is showing the kids how to cut into the crayfish. Claire wanted to find the crayfish's heart. I was thrilled that viewing the video seemed to inspire her to want to see things and learn more about the crayfish. After all, I was a little worried that we might be paying for years of therapy after showing her the YouTube video the night before.
I really love CC.
Wow she is more brave than I am!
ReplyDeleteWow she is more brave than I am!
ReplyDelete