Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

This year for Halloween we spontaneously decided to invite three families from 
our neighborhood over for a potluck meal followed by trick-or-treating.
I made chili and our neighbors generously brought chili fixings, 
cinnamon rolls, cornbread,  and hot dogs and buns for the kiddos.


We made the house look a little festive.


I think I should plan gathering more on the fly because this was just delightful!

Once dinner was completed, we gathered our kiddos to go trick-or-treating. My son, who is three, was particularly entertaining to watch. He was dressed as Bob the Builder and spent a lot of time complimenting neighbors on their outside lights and fire pits - many neighbors in our neighborhood sit out with their fire pits and pass out candy. We also had one neighbor who set up a piñata for kids to 
come try their luck at breaking open.

Do you plan dinner with neighbors on Halloween followed by trick-or-treating or 
is it just a family affair? 
Does you neighborhood do anything special? 


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were blogging again! I look forward to reading it. Sounds like a fun Halloween, and the Bob the builder in character sounds hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were blogging again! I look forward to reading it. Sounds like a fun Halloween, and the Bob the builder in character sounds hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete