After our full day at the pumpkin patch the other day, we came home and my husband made this delicious pizza for us. He had to work later and even though I think we all needed to go to bed early, I promised the kids a movie night.
Picking something they both can agree on is generally very challenging, but they both seemed interested in watching Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest since it is currently available on Netflix. While we were huddled on the sofa watching it, our doorbell rang. I think we all nearly jumped three feet off the sofa!
Fumbling for the remote, I paused the movie. We weren't expecting anyone and it was too soon for my husband to be home from work. In the past, when the kids were smaller, I would just ignore the doorbell; but we have become more acquainted with some of our neighbors and I thought perhaps it was one of them and my kids love to greet people. It was after dark so I told the children to stay back while I answered the door. I looked out the window in our front door and didn't see anyone so I thought it had to be someone small and this is who I found at our front door when I opened it:
A neighbor, we are not quite sure who, but have a few suspicions, "boo-ed" us.Oh, my stars, were my children excited! I should add that I don't believe we have ever been "boo-ed" before. But we felt super special that someone thought enough of us that they would put this little Halloween bucket of goodies together for us.
I read the letter that came with our bucket and explained to the kids that we had to pick two people to "boo". After some discussion, we came up with two families.
This morning when we had to buy a last minute birthday present (for a party I've known about for over a week), we were also on a quest to find fun little items that we could place in buckets to "boo" the two neighbors we picked.
After trips to two different Targets (one seriously has a better selection of dollar spot items than the other) and the Dollar Tree, we went home to load our buckets. Afterwards, the kids went out back to help rake leaves and my husband dusted off our fire pit and we decided to use it for the first time in three years! We roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, and waited for it to be dark outside.
Once it was dark, but still early enough we wouldn't be ringing any doorbells after bedtime, we set out to make our deliveries. At first, I thought I would just have my husband be the culprit, but my six year old daughter really wanted in on the action. So my husband told her he would ring the doorbell after she put the basket on the porch. It was so thrilling to watch! She had so much fun. My three year old was confused, though. He kept thinking we actually had to say "boo" to someone.
![]() |
| The little Halloween buckets we put together for two neighbors of ours. I printed the neighborhood version that comes on the been booed website. I wanted to create my own little tag using the Silhouette Cameo, but time was limited. After a search on Pinterest, I found these adorable tags from Crazy Little Projects which can be found here. |
I am so grateful to whoever blessed us with this fun little treat and inspired us to pay it forward so to speak. We truly enjoyed finding items to fill in the buckets and the thrill of leaving Halloween treats for someone else to enjoy.
Have you ever been "boo-ed"? Do you "boo" any of your neighbors? What kind of goodies do you like to include? My favorite item this year were the little sticker mustaches found at the Target Dollar Spot.


No comments:
Post a Comment