October is flying by.
Our bean plant is growing, which is amazing since most plants die under my care.
My daughter loves climbing trees and today she wanted to read about planets in her favorite tree to climb.
And earlier this week, we made a trip into Omaha to pick up Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes from Parables.
This is our first year participating in Operation Christmas Child. I've heard about it in years past as our church has collected boxes before, but we never considered packing a shoe box until this year. In fact, I was researching first day of school ideas before school started and on one blog it suggested finding items to pack a OCC shoebox for a first day of school activity. Then, several bloggers I follow on Facebook were posting lots of pictures of items they had found at Target to pack. And lastly, Hobby Lobby. They have an area in some of their stores to buy items for OCC. All this to say, I really felt God was leading me to be generous with my heart and our blessings and to show my kids what it means to serve, give, and love others, too.
We returned home and filled our shoe boxes with some of the school supplies we had picked up earlier in the fall. We still have a few other items to pick up to pack, but I think the children will have great fun participating this year.
We are praying over the shoe boxes and the children that will receive them. We pray that these gifts will bring them joy and be a blessing.
National Collection Week is coming up quickly! November 16-23.


No comments:
Post a Comment